Saying Goodbye to Denver

Well, this first semester has flown by. I will admit there were moments when I thought it would never end but for the most part it went by faster than I could've imagined. It was a whirlwind of new learning and new experiences and I wouldn't trade it for the world. The most valuable thing I have probably learned is how to deal with crazy things that have happened in my life in a healthier way. I have learned that everyone has their issues and they will come out eventually, and that okay. This week has kind of been an emotional roller coaster because it is going to be very difficult to say goodbye to a city and people who have been my home for the last 4 months of my life. Honestly going home is going to be hard just because of how the last time went but that's okay. Sometimes people leave and it hurts but I'll be alright. I find I am best at expressing my thoughts in lists, so here's just a list of very important things I have learned and I hope to remember as I go home for Christmas:
1. Feelings are okay to feel, everyone has them and everyone should express them.
2. There are good guys out there, not all men are going to leave or hurt me.
3. There are healthy ways to deal with anger, like yoga or working out or writing a blog.
4. It's okay to say when you need something from someone whether its a hug or someone to talk to.
5. Sometimes the friends you've known for 4 months know you better than the ones who knew you for 10 years.
6. It's okay to open up to people and let people in, it will only help them understand you better.
7. It's alright to let something make you sad, because if you're not sad you will be angry and it will only make things worse.
8. Writing down experiences in a journal always helps you remember it and it's a good reference for the future.
9. Sometimes I feel full of chaos and the best way I can deal with it is to go on a walk with someone and tell them what I'm feeling or thinking.
10. I love spending one on one quality time with people and I hope to do a lot of that next semester.
11. Sometimes you have to go without something for a while to realize how much you actually appreciate it.
12. As my mother always says "It's okay to have a pity party but don't unpack and stay there."
13. Not everyone is against me, there are so many people in my life who only want the best for me.
14. I have so much to be thankful for.
15. I truly cherish the time I had here in Denver.
16. Sometimes the only way out is through; like dealing with my past or emotions or stressful situations.
17. I love children so much and I think I have a passion for the underprivileged.
18. Music helps me through so much because sometimes the lyrics of a song express exactly what I am feeling.
19. I have gotten a lot better at handling my anxiety and I am learning what specific things trigger it.
20. I will forever be grateful for 1453 Downing.

Comments

Popular Posts