Hey I'm Emily, an 18 year old girl just doing her best to travel and experience the world and see people through the eyes of Jesus! I am currently taking a gap year through Kivu Gap Year (hence the blog name). I am originally from Austin Texas but I am currently in Breckenridge Colorado. I am hoping to gain real world experiences through my travels and grow closer to God along the way. My next stop is Denver Colorado and I am super stoked about that. So far everyone I have encountered through this program has been encouraging and outgoing. I am an introvert so I gain my energy from having alone time which is more difficult to have here considering I am currently living in a large apartment with 15 people total. I am learning to walk away and not be afraid to be alone for a while to decompress from a long day or just take time for myself to read or listen to music. I am super excited to start my internship in Denver at the Clayton Early Learning Center. I have always loved young kids and my dream is to be an elementary school teacher abroad one day and I think this will be a wonderful experience to help me take another step closer to reaching that goal. This program has already shown me so much about myself that I never knew previously, such as: I am very time oriented and I love to have a plan and a schedule for my day, I also tend to look at the bigger picture rather than the small details of things. Watching all of my friends go off to college has been kind of difficult knowing I did not choose the traditional path, however I know that making this choice was the right one for me because I can already tell the upcoming 8 months will be incredibly trans-formative and well worth it. Doing this program was definitely not the cheapest decision but I am grateful to have a supportive family and community helping me. I am still currently trying to raise funds and I will leave the link below if anyone feels the desire to donate! It would be much appreciated!
https://give.cornerstone.cc/kivugapyear/item/3314

Comments

Popular Posts