Leaving Rwanda

Well it's about that time again.. time to pack up all of my stuff, say goodbye to all of the wonderful people I've met, leave the somewhat familiarity and comfort of this place and move on to the next place. A new language, new bed, new people, new culture, new and unfamiliar everything. Something about traveling to a new place always leaves me feeling really nostalgic and melancholy at the same time. While I do love this whole experience and journey, sometimes it's pretty mentally exhausting to pack up and start over in a new place over and over again. But I am so thankful that I have had the opportunity to travel the world with the people I can now call my best friends, and I am thankful for all of the people I have met along the way and all the beautiful things I have encountered. Leaving Rwanda is going to be hard but I am so excited to start a new chapter in Uganda! Our team will be working in a church for two weeks teaching English and helping the church boost their social media. All of us will be living in a guest house together so it will be nice to spend time with everyone and all be in the same place. Here in Rwanda there have definitely been times where I have to remind myself not to isolate myself and go spend time with people so these next two weeks are going to be really great! The fact that I'm climbing the tallest mountain in Africa in about 3 weeks is pretty terrifying but I'm more at peace with it than I was two weeks ago. I just know our group is going to do great and everyone will be super encouraging and we will all summit together! I'm honestly just praying I don't get altitude sickness so bad to where I have to go back down. But the chance to even be able to say I climbed Kilimanjaro is really incredible and I can't wait to see how it goes. Also the fact that I'll be back in the states in 4 weeks is crazy. I'm kind of ready to be back in America but I also think it's going to be quite the adjustment coming home. I think I kind of got un-used to american culture and food and people so I will have to adjust to all of that and the time change.. considering right now I am about 8 hours ahead of the US. Getting ready for the summer and applying for jobs has kind of been stressing me out but I know everything will work out for the best and wherever I end up working will be the right place for me. I also have been super stressed about college. I have applied to Colorado state university, Moody bible in Chicago, and the university of southeast Norway. I am still waiting to hear back from all of them so honestly I am just praying I get accepted somewhere so at least I know I'm going to college. But like I said, wherever I end up I know I am meant to be there so I just need to be at peace with that and just let the Lord work his magic. Alright that's all for now! Thanks to everyone who keeps up and reads my blogs it means a lot.

Comments

Popular Posts