Hey blog, so moving to Denver has been quite an adventure so far. I have already learned so much about the city and the people that live here. I have begun to realize that everyone you encounter has their own story and their own life and adventure that they have lived and it is very important to welcome that with open arms and without judgement. Everyone has predispositions about different groups of people and its okay to accept that, but at the same time we need to learn to listen and throw those judgement away and hear their stories without a bias and with the knowledge that they are made in the image of God and God loves them just as much as he loves us. I am learning to accept where I come from without being too harsh with myself because I know where I am going. Waking up everyday I try and remind myself that it there is a fresh new start in front of me and I need to take each moment and be present. Living in Denver is a lot different then the town I am from. For starters we don't have WiFi at our house so I had to walk to a coffee shop only to find it was closing in 5 minutes. So I walked to another one down the street. I am getting lots of exercise which is good but I'm getting really exhausted really fast. Taking the bus isn't really a challenge so far (thanks to google maps) but I am sure I will soon find myself in a situation that I need to get home without my phone and we shall see how that goes. On the emotional side of things it's kind of refreshing to get to start over with new people. Getting to let go of old baggage and learn how to move on from my past in a healthy way is really an awesome thing that Kivu has already helped me so much with. I have learned to let go of things that I have carried around with me so long and it has been wonderful to see myself in a new light. I have also been praying a lot more than I normally have which I suppose is a good thing because I would rather get to heaven and here Jesus say "now there's a familiar voice" than "it's nice to finally hear from you".  God really does provide peace like a river if you let him. An analogy I like to use is: the mountains you have been carrying, you were only supposed to climb. That really resonates with my soul because I think I have carried hurt and anger around with me for so long and blamed myself for my pain, when in reality the battle was never mine, it was Jesus'. Remember that grace is not seasonal and no matter how far you have gone, he still loves you, he still made you, you are still beautiful and you are still his.

Comments

Popular Posts